Smoothies are one of my favorite things to have for breakfast. They’re easy to make, packed with vitamins and antioxidants, and are delicious. What’s not to love? I almost (key word: almost) feel guilty having something that tastes like dessert for breakfast. Today I’m sharing this easy berry smoothie recipe that I whipped up this morning in under 5 minutes.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen berries (I get a huge bag of mixed berries from Costco.)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- ice cubes (I have a single serve blender so I just stuff as many as will fit.)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups water
- Add all solid ingredients to your blender. If you have a single serve blender like the Magic Bullet, put the heaviest ingredients in first.
- Add water. I find that about 1/2 – 3/4 cups of water makes a smoothie with just the right consistency: nice and thick and not too watery.
- Blend until fruit is pulverized and the texture is consistent throughout.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Tip: If you’re anything like me, you rarely have enough time to make breakfast in the morning. You’ll gladly take 10 extra minutes of sleep over a nice sit down breakfast at the table. To save time and still allow myself a nutritious breakfast, I like to throw all my solid smoothie ingredients in my blender cup and stick it in the fridge the night before. In the morning I can just add water, throw it on the blending base for a couple minutes, and voila!
Please share all of your smoothie recipes in the comments below. I’d love to try some of them out!